Sunday, April 17, 2005

Water can kill you... who knew?

This week a new study was in the news regarding how too much water can actually hurt you, even kill you! I didn't think this was possible unless your kidneys weren't working properly, but it turns out that while running, you can't pee, so bad things can happen. Scary! In everyday life, I find lots of water helps me stay healthy and contributes to weight loss as well. Often not getting enough water, I find I will confuse thirst with hunger, and over-eat. Water seems to work as an appetite suppressant as well. I try to drink 2L of water a day, and I know that will be fine. Now when I'm running or mountain biking, I will have to try and just drink when I'm feeling thirsty so I don't over-do it. Well that and stop for pee breaks, although that's much easier to do in the woods when mountain biking!

1 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Sean Conrad said...

This is my first comment. Water is good, I like water. I like it with Crystal Light, I like it plain, and I like it especially when mixed with mashed grapes and fermented. :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home